Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Just another day on Planet Linson

Getting ready for the day, and I was bee-boppin’ (why, yes, I *do* still bee-bop, thank you very much!) around the bathroom in my bra and panties. Yes, I said 'bra and panties'. Sorry if that’s too much information, but it’s critical knowledge. Just try not to envision it. Trust me.

Anywaaaay… Libs is hanging out in the bathroom with me, playing with her little LeapPad, watching me fix my hair and put on a little make-up.

Libby: Mommy, you’re puffy!










Oh, snap.

Did she just say I was puffy? PUFFY?

I mean, I *know* that I can stand to lose a few pounds, much like many other moms who’ve squeezed out a few kidlets… but puffy? …Oh, and if you happen to be one of those moms who have more than one child, and you’re not still hanging on to 10 (or more!) pounds from your last baby, I’m just going to pretend that you exist on Diet Coke and unfiltered cigarettes.


Better yet, I’m just going to pretend like you don’t exist. No offense, mmmkay?


So, right then and there, I resolved to increase the length of my morning walks.
Followed by crunches…
and weights!
No more chocolate!
No more alcohol!
All fatty foods will be replaced with salads and raw veggies!
I will swim laps!
I will bike instead of driving!


I. WILL. RUN. A. MARATHON.


But first things first…



Me: Libby, it’s not nice to call someone ‘puffy’, okay?

Libby: But your hair *is* puffy… (pointing to the giant Velcro rollers on my head… a girl's GOT to have volume, right?)

Me: Um…my hair?

Libby (giggling): Yeah… your hair is super puffy!




Oh, okaaaay... I mean I *will* still do all that other stuff. Really.

Right after Libby and I reconcile our little misunderstanding... over sundaes from Sonic. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

jen said...

Thank goodness she meant your hair :)