Isn't nature just the greatest?
So beautiful, and all... well, natural and stuff?
So humbling, and a wonder to...
And is there any wonder that my walking speed tripled at this point?!!
Oh, and p.s... I am married to a crazy man. He just HAD to get his foot in there for 'perspective', ya know?
2. "Operation Daily Pinterest Project" (aka 'Operation Summer Beatdown") is progressing quite nicely. I'm kind of rocking it, but it is still early days, yet. So, it's been fun, except for the H8TUHS (I am just lousy with street cred, y'all)... and you KNOW who you are!! And I am cross-stitching something JUST for you. ;)
3. So this one time... when I evidently wasn't paying enough attention at the pool... this company that makes swim goggles snapped a picture of my kid to use for their packaging. And we are NOT getting any royalties, or even any free goggles out of the deal. So this clearly sucks.
4. Today I made some Texas Caviar, and it is super yummy (and pretty). I'm going to eat it for lunch on salad greens this week, and add some avocado to it. I will say, though, that the recipe called for TWO jalapenos, and my husband said I should only put in one, otherwise it might be too hot. Not sure why this Texas girl even listens to an Indiana boy in terms of how much heat to add to a dish... but it was the wrong call here. Two jalapenos in the future! Taste buds be damned.
5. I had a dream last night that it was the first day of school, and I showed up ready to go, only to find out that they had decided to move me to teach kindergarten... KINDERGARTEN! :O
And that my classroom was being renovated...
...because it was an old run-down barn.
That's right, a BARN, y'all.
With rusted farm equipment, and splintered wood everywhere, and horses just running in the fields around the 'school'. In my dream, I couldn't find my class list, so I just kept rounding up kids that looked like they might be kindergarten age, and I was trying to keep them from playing in the horses' droppings. I had the brilliant idea to get everyone settled onto bales of hay while I read a story. I think it is a little early in the summertime to be having these types of 'school anxiety' dreams. I blame the glass of wine right before bed.
6. I thought that I could muster 'Six for Sunday', but... yeah, I got nothin'. Have a great week :)