Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lesson learned

I have discovered that 11 days post-op is NOT exactly the best time to go out in a stretch Hummer limo for a friend’s 40th birthday party.

And go to 5 bars in as many hours.

And dance. A teeny bit.

In heels.


Plus, when I leaned out the limo’s window to shake my pom-poms, I had to be extra careful. And when I say pom-poms, I’m not being euphemistic. There were actual pom-poms.

And somebody *might* have done a birthday cheer with the pom-poms. I’m just sayin’.

Because while I'm feeling soooo much better in the last couple of days, and pretty much back to my normal self... rolling in at 2:40 a.m. is NOT the best way to continue feeling that way.


Soooo… today, I feel like I’m about to die, or bust a stitch. I’m sore, I have a headache, and all I want to do is crawl back into bed, pull the covers over my head, and say…






“Damn. That was fun.” ;)

4 comments:

Jen said...

Well at least you had fun :)

I read the blog all the time, but my itouch won't let me post. I am finally on my home computer.

Just wanted you to know that I check your blog many times a day :)

Bonnie said...

Well Staci you were certainly entertaining and I'm sorry you hurt the next day. But I do think it was all worth it for the memories, we had so much fun! Hopefully I can return the favor for your 40th (next year?) so save those pompoms.

Anonymous said...

So much fun!! I hope today is better for you. And you and mullet guy dancing is my fave pic of the night, I must say. :-)
- Kelli

Shanda Boatright said...

Hey girl!

So glad to hear your are feeling better.

Sounds like you had fun. At least the soreness was due to a good time and and not lifting a load of laundry. lol!