Monday, December 20, 2010

A holiday frame of mind...

One of the best parts of the holiday season?

Well, that would have to be baking lots of yummy treats. With the Christmas music playing in the background, a cup of hot chocolate, and the delicious scents of Christmas filling my kitchen, I can almost pretend I’m one of Santa’s elves.




You know… that one elf that forgets to wear an oven mitt when taking a hot Pyrex glass bowl out of the microwave.




But the good news? If you tilt your head just so, you can almost see the Christmas lights glinting off of the shards of shattered glass all over the floor.




And if you squint your eyes just right, you can pretend that the melted chocolate that is nestling the shards of broken glass is mud that the reindeer tracked in.



And if you step just right, the teeny tiny pieces of glass that are left, even after you have swept and mopped, and swept again? Well, those put you in mind of snow crystals, crunching under your boots.



I mean, it really helps you get in the holiday spirit. :P

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, hilarious!!! (I hope your hand is ok)
I'm sure you felt like a cotton-headed ninny-muggins after that incident - or did you say a few elf cuss words? I know I would have, burns are the worst. Thanks for the great laugh though.