Tuesday, March 6, 2012

This could only happen to me.

Last week I bought some new perfume.

It is named, of all things, ‘Sensuous Nude’. That is some perfume with high expectations, I must say.

At first, I sprayed on ‘Sensuous’, and really liked it, so I bought it. It is one of Estee Lauder’s new fragrances, and I have always been a big fan of Estee Lauder’s scents. My favorites were always ‘Beautiful’ and ‘Pleasures’…wearing perfume with names like those, anything’s possible, right?

So there are two derivations of ‘Sensuous’‘Sensuous Exotic’ and ‘Sensuous Nude’, which I also tried out (on different parts of my arm).


After being ‘Sensuous’ for awhile, however… (like about a half an hour of walking around the mall with my purchase), I felt like it smelled a little too powdery.


And I know this because I stopped to smell all the samples on my skin on an every 3 minute rotation, as I walked through the mall. I must have looked like I had a nasty cold, and was wiping my nose every chance I got.

Anyway, ‘Sensuous’ smelled a little less sensuous and little more ‘deodorant-y’, and I opted to go back to exchange it.


The salesgirl (who had been an absolute delight while helping me through this arduous decision), still seemed surprised to see me back, sniffing and/or wiping my nose on my sleeve.


Her: “You’re back!”


Me: (without even a second thought): “Yeah…. I wore it for awhile, but…well, I really think I’d rather get ‘Nude’.”






And THAT, my friends, is how you can hear a pin drop in a busy department store, full of men buying perfume for their girlfriends.

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

haha---oh I can only imagine! :)