Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Disney Fever

Now, don't get me wrong... I LOVE Disney!! Disneyland, Disneyworld... heck, even the Disney channel (which was playing almost nonstop at my house the week before school started!). My husband and I even went to Disneyworld on our honeymoon, for heaven's sake!

But with our family trip to Disneyworld coming up in October (my kids can talk of nothing else), the new High School Musical movie coming out in theaters, and the upcoming Cheetah Girls' movie 'exclusively on the Disney channel' this Friday night... I'm getting a little weary of 'all things Disney' right now.

And I admit I'm a little nostalgic for the Disney of old... remember a certain mouse?!! Goofy? Donald? Now its all 'tween' stuff... Zach and Cody, Hannah Montana... and I must say we've definitely bought into the hype around here. My kids love it all...we have the posters, the lunchboxes, and the t-shirts. We've even seen High School Musical, the Ice Tour! (I know, I know...)

Of course, they know all the animated Disney movie characters, too... Lightning McQueen, the princesses, Nemo... and I know they'll be so excited to get to see them on our pilgrimage to Orlando...we'll take pictures, and get autographs (wait... I don't think a fish can hold a pen...)

But honestly I'm not sure if my kids know much about the 'old school' Disney... you know...the one *we* grew up with. Those characters that were chimney sweeps, the ones that soared over a city in a flying bed, and taught us in song that a 'spoonful of sugar' was a pretty great remedy.

"Mary Poppins? Who's she... Hannah Montana's aunt?"

No comments: