Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My dirty little secret...

Yes, that's right, I have a secret.

Don't we all? Don't we all have that one thing (or more) that we would hate for people to discover about us? We take great pains to hide it... oftentimes, not even admitting to ourselves how bad it has gotten?

Well, the time has come for me to reveal that secret and I know that it might shock a lot of people...

But... my upstairs master bathroom is a wreck. Yes, it's true. And I'm not talking about a little bit dirty, with a few towels on the floor. I'm talking makeup and perfume bottles strewn across the counter, hairspray on the mirror, and half empty diet Coke cans next to my jewelry box.

Yes, me! I am almost pathologically organized in the rest of my house (labels on the pantry shelves, anyone?!), but I just can't seem to get a handle on my bathroom. I make every effort to get it clean and I always swear, "Never again will it get this messy!", but much like a junkie, I always revert back to my old habits, Rubbermaid containers, be damned!

So, my mid-year resolution is to get that mess contained... under control... I'll make it my own personal 12-step program. Step one... admit you have a problem. So there, my friends... my secret is out, and my journey has begun.

Just please don't be surprised if I call you in the middle of the night for support when I have the urge to leave that empty bottle of shampoo in the shower stall.

No comments: