Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Holy Cow!

I can't even remember the last time I went a week without blogging... except for that whole Disneyworld vacation a while back (yep, seems like FOREVER ago!), and even then, I caught you all up once I got back. Ah, those were the days...

But I have a good excuse! Really... well, at least up until Monday I had a good excuse ;)

My best pal, Jen, got here last Thursday for our 'girls weekend' which consisted of plenty of scrappin', a little shopping, eating out (namely at Chuy's...one can never have enough creamy jalapeno), staying up until the wee hours of the morning, some trash T.V., and lots of time spent in comfy pajama pants.

Oh, and we started our new tradition of going and getting a massage at the end of our 'stressful' weekend ;) I mean, we DID watch a few episodes of 'Bridezilla'... that alone is stressful. Have you seen these crazy women?!! My personal favorite was the lovely bride that wanted to order her groom's cake in the shape of a 'bagina'. That makes the armadillo cake from 'Steel Magnolias' look like the pinnacle of good taste.

Phil was a total rockstar (I love you, man!) and took all three kids to Houston to hang out with his mom for the weekend. They even went to the Houston Museum of Nature and Science, and they got the chance to see the 'Terra Cotta Warriors' exhibit. Libby is still carrying around her miniature Terra Cotta Warrior that Mimi bought for her in the gift shop. Some kids love Webkinz... my kid has bonded with her Terra Cotta Warrior. Strange...

Soooo, I'm back. Catching up on my sleep, catching up on my blog, and officially 'ready' for summer. Well, as ready as I'll ever be. ;)

2 comments:

Kris with a K said...

What a wonderful way to spend the weekend! Good for you, and good for Phil and the kids. Sounds like they loved the museum, too.

jen said...

Even I who was with you all weekend missed your blog!! I have still not caught up on my rest yet, but my necklaces are such the hit at work.