Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Attention Phil... you can read this entry after Christmas.

I think it must just be my lucky week.

My week for my kids to embarrass the crap out of me in Walmart.

After the incident on Sunday (see last blog for evidence of mortification), there was today’s hunt for an item on my husband’s Christmas list…

An ‘Unrated’ version of the movie, ‘The Hangover’.

Funny movie? Yes. Frickin’ hilarious. Trying to explain to my kids that it’s a grown-up movie, and WHY it's a grown-up movie, and that ‘yes, the cover picture *is* very silly, and that baby does look very funny in those giant sunglasses… but no, you may not watch it when we get home.’

Well...that part is not so hilarious.

I looked for it at Target. I looked at Best Buy (and WOW, is Best Buy ever crowded three days before Christmas). And no luck.

I finally bought a regular R-rated version at Best Buy, but then when we went to Walmart, I thought it might be worth a shot to try to find the unrated version there.

So I picked up a copy of the DVD to double-check the rating on the back.

Which brings me to the moment when my 5 year old… my little precious… my sweetie… my angel who has absolutely no idea how to modulate the volume of her voice, screeches out…

“Mommy… you have *ANOTHER* hangover?!!”

*Sigh.

Tomorrow morning, my friend. I can just about guarantee it. ;)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Thank you for so many laughs lately! I keep forwarding links to your blog on to my family for entertainment. I know my time will come someday when Taylor decides to embarrass me in Target or Walmart, but for now I will just have to deal with her tantrums instead!

sarah. said...

You're just raking in all the bonus points for "Mom of the Year" this year ;) Your kids better do something amazing for Mother's Day this year!

Jen said...

Maybe you should do all your shopping online.

Too funny.


Blog Archive