Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Christmas revelation...

By now, you should have received our Christmas card, and along with it, our Christmas letter entitled, "A Year in T-shirts".

Yeah, yeah...we all know that I am a little nuts with the t-shirt thing, and especially favor matching ones for my family.

Whether we're at Disney or Six Flags, or even just a neighborhood holiday festival, I admit... I am the dork who loves for her family to wear matching t-shirts. If not matching, then at least color coordinated. I have my scrapbooks to think of, people!

But it wasn't until perusing one of my favorite websites, Awkwardfamilyphotos.com, that I realized how perilously close I am to becoming this woman...






I mean...think about it. I, too, love the movie, 'Ghostbusters' (who doesn't?!), I ain't afraid o' no ghosts, and so... I can easily see myself falling into this abyss.

I can almost superimpose my children's faces on those two teens (minus the 80's hair!) Don't they look positively enthralled to have been dragged to a photography studio (by Sandy Duncan, no less?) to capture this little moment in their family's history?

I have to admit that I gasped when I saw this. It shook me to my very core, and I realized how close I am to the verge, my friends.

So my resolution for the new year?

To give a little leash with the whole 'matching' shirt thing. To realize that while I might like for all of us to be cutesy and look like we're all on the same totally awesome team... Team Linson... it is not always necessary. *sigh

I will make more of an effort, lest I become the woman in the above photo.






Aw, who am I kidding?!








Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Team Linson! :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

As I was reading, I knew you wouldn't be able to give up your matching shirts. Glad you realized by the end of your blog that you couldn't.

Merry Christmas my wonderful friend.

Jen

Anonymous said...

I love the matching T-shirts. Glad your not really going to make that your new years resolution.

Love ya and Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Daphne


Blog Archive