Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snow day? Snow day!!

No kidding. EVERY time I've looked outside today, I've seen this...



It has been snowing all day around here. Yes, here. In Austin, Texas. Shocking, I know.

Usually it will 'snow' for about half an hour, and then it's done, and everything melts within the hour. We are more infamous for ice, sleet or hail storms... but this? This was unexpected.

And I have to admit... today I was one of *those* moms. The ones that pick their kids up two and a half hours early from school (where I'm almost certain they were missing valuable instruction that they simply will NOT be able to make up ;) so that they could play in the snow. Today Mommy got to be the hero.

When I picked them up, they were curious. They were incredulous. And then? Well, then they were ecstatic.



They made miniature snowmen, full of twigs and sticks. (That's what we call a 'Texas snowman', friends.)



They tried to catch snowflakes on their tongues...



Aaaaand... they kamikazed their snowmen off of the swingset. Well, at least Davis did.



It was a fun day, full of snow, mud, hot chocolate, wet mittens, snowflake kisses, Mommy taking pictures and video, wet shoes and jeans, extra loads of laundry, snowball fights, and hot showers for everyone afterwards.


They made their mark today...



...but I think that today made it's own impression in their memories.
Happy Snow Day, everyone! :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

That was just a little love sent to you from Colorado :)

Jen

Amy said...

YAY! I stopped by just because I knew you'd have snow pics! ADORABLE!