Thursday, February 10, 2011

"Come to Texas!" Okay, well maybe not YOU.

Josie brought home a poster that she had designed for a class assignment. It was a poster to advertise the merits of Texas and to persuade people to come live here.


Me: "Why?"

Her: "Because that’s what we were supposed to do."

Me: "Sweetie, it's a GREAT poster... it's just that we don’t need more people in Texas. In fact there are a few people that are already here that should probably leave."

(Namely, ahem... a certain governor. Oh, and maybe he could take Tom Delay with him when he goes.)


Because I have to admit, if I didn’t already live here, I’d want to move to Texas after seeing this advertisement…




Isn't that just the damn truth?



I know what you're thinking, though... "If I moved to Texas, would I have a good life?"



You betcha.



(Even the W@l-Mart smiley face is promoting our great state...)




And if you're still undecided about whether Texas is the place for you...










I think the kid has a future in the ad business.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Holy Cow! Does Phil really hunt cows? funny stuff Miss Linson.

Renee Ketels said...

Love her key messages! A shortage of livestock to shoot is definitely a deal-breaker when looking for a place to live. Love it! :)