Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Is it REALLY only Wednesday?

1. The kids’ school district has decided to delay school by 2 hours in the morning, due to the cold weather, and the rolling blackouts. It’s an ‘energy conservation’ thing. For me, it’s a ‘stay in bed under the warm covers’ thing, but I can totally get behind the energy idea, too.

When I told Josie, she was pretty darn excited.




Until I told her it was ONLY for tomorrow, and not for the rest of her 4th grade year. Her enthusiasm was tempered just a bit.






2. How MUCH do I love my husband???

Love him!! Why, you ask? Besides the obvious reasons… (namely, that I think he is Sir Hotness, and well…he TOTALLY puts up with me)… today he booked a flight for my BFF in Colorado to come for a long weekend in June!! I’m super excited and giddy and grateful. :)






3. My boy mentioned that he wants to make a special valentine card for a girl in his class. When I asked him what is was that he liked about her, what made her the one to deserve such a special card?

His answer was… “She really likes to laugh.”

I love that. My sweet son already recognizes the importance of being with someone you can laugh with. That’s pretty high praise for a 3rd grade girl. In the future, I hope he’ll remember to look for that quality. We all deserve to have someone who will laugh at our jokes… And I want him to always have someone who ‘gets’ him and his kooky sense of humor. Or at least sometimes pretends to.





Kind of like I do with his Daddy.


P.S. Have I mentioned how much I love you, honey?? ;)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Phil is AWESOME!!! I am super excited and already counting the days!!!

Jen