Sunday, March 13, 2011

Just check him out...

My boy got glasses.



It was bound to happen. His sister has glasses. Both his parents started wearing glasses in elementary school. We are just a family of poor-sighted individuals.

He looks adorable in them, but if you see him, please don't use the word 'adorable'. He prefers 'handsome', or 'tough'. I, personally, can't get over how much he looks like Louis from the Disney movie, 'Meet the Robinsons'. See exhibit A...




First 'Dash' from the Incredibles, and now this.

Fortunately, he loves his glasses, and he is one of about 5 kids in his class to have them, so it's no biggie these days to have glasses. When I was a kid, I HATED my glasses, and refused to wear them. I would just ask to move closer to the front, and would explain that I had a hard time seeing the board because I was so SHORT. Hey, it worked. I finally got contacts in junior high, and have never worn glasses in public since.


On a a different note, things around here are still kinda crazy, hence the whole 'not blogging for 2 weeks' thing. I don't do 'change', y'all, and I'm struggling with things currently being in limbo, and not knowing what's going to happen. Some people might even have the nerve to call me a 'control freak'. To them, I say...


"Well, DUH!"

I'm trying very hard to put on a happy face, and get back to myself. Thanks all for your sweet thoughts.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I say you are handling things well especially since you gave up diet coke through all this. You are one tough girl in my book.

We got a little taste of Texas now that we have Blue Bell ice cream. Makes us miss you more.

Jen said...

Oh and by the way your boy looks precious.