Saturday, March 26, 2011

Six For Saturday!!

1. Six?? It’s the least I can do. I feel like I owe you guys for my absence this last month. There has been a gaping void felt around the entire blogging community, and it’s all my fault.




Well, maybe I’m overstating it a bit.




2. This morning for breakfast, Davis ate a piece of leftover stuffed pizza, three pancakes with butter and syrup, three pieces of bacon, a fried egg, and a glass of milk.

I just thought that was interesting. And indigestion-worthy. If he's eating like this at 8 years old, I can't even fathom our grocery bill when he hits his teenage years.



3. This week, Josie got contacts. A few things to keep in mind…

--a.) She has worn glasses for three years now, and has never ONCE complained about them.

--b.) She looks adorable in her glasses… and

--c.) The contacts were a necessity just to be worn for twirling practice and performances, as it is next to impossible to do two-turns with glasses perched on your nose.

Anyway, after wearing them for a day, she made the announcement that she LOVES them, and plans to wear them all the time, in lieu of glasses. The optometrist recommended that she should wear them for short amounts of time at first, as she gets used to them. I let her wear them to school yesterday with the stipulation that I would come up at lunchtime so she could take them out, and put her glasses on.

So when I got to school around noon, I was greeted with this…

Josie: “Moooom! Why do I have to take them off?? I’m supposed to put my *glasses* back on now??”

(Remember… NEVER has she complained about wearing glasses. In two days, they have become equivalent to getting a root canal, or wearing an “I Love Barney” t-shirt to a junior high dance.)

Me: “Just for the afternoon. Starting next week, you can wear them all day at school, since you’ll be more used to them.”

Josie: “But all my friends haven’t seen me in my contacts yet! What if they want to see how I look in my contacts?!”





Me: “Um… I guess you could take your glasses off for a minute to show them? ‘Hey friends, THIS is how I look in contacts’!”

Josie: “So not funny.”






4. I have lost 18 pounds on Weight Watchers so far (yay me!) As a result, I am TOTALLY ready for swimsuit season to be upon us!


Well, maybe I’m overstating it a bit. ;)




5. As you know from my previous posts, March was not a great month on Planet Linson. To make up for the 18 pound weight loss, I guess, I needed another weight added to me… which came in the form of Phil coming home from work and announcing that his company was going through an internal purchase, and that in light of that, he would be looking for a new job, effective at the end of the month (this is the redacted, PC version.)

“*Gasp! What?? Oh my God!” Yeah. Tell me about it.

So this month, in lieu of blogging, I’ve been crying. And planning. And slashing our budget. And smiling for the sake of our kids. And praying. A lot.

And thanks be to God, he did get a new job… a better job… a job that we have high hopes for. And I have to admit that I am still crying, and planning, smiling and praying… but in a much better way.

I’m thankful that he was able to get a job so quickly, and had two good offers from which to choose. I know there are so many people going through similar things, who don’t get such good news so quickly. I am truly grateful for so many things. Grateful for our friends and family who have offered their help, their prayers, and just kind words when we needed them. Grateful for my wonderful husband who had such an amazing spirit and sense of calm through all of this.




6. I am now TOTALLY looking forward to April.


And I’m not overstating that one bit. :D

1 comment:

Shanda Boatright said...

I know I told you before, but I am so happy everything worked out for you guys!

And it's a good thing, because you are going to need to stash a little extra money for Davis's eating habits ;) I can't believe he put all that food away!