Monday, March 14, 2011

Ode to my beverage of choice...

It’s been two weeks since I looked at you.
Cocked my head to the side, and said, “I love you.”
Five days since Jack beckoned to me saying
"Get that together come back and see me"

Thirteen days since the drive-in lane
I know it’s an addiction… man, what a friggin’ pain.
Yesterday I still wanted you,
and I hope it’s just two days till I feel that I’m over you.


It helps if you sing it like you’re the Barenaked Ladies.

Two weeks since I’ve had a diet Coke. I made it through the first couple of days of horrific caffeine withdrawal. I lasted through the headaches. I survived the crankiness (my family, on the other hand, may have a different song to sing.) I KNOW that I was drinking way too much, and needed to cut it out.


The result??






I STILL want a diet Coke, every damn minute of every day.

I don’t think it’s the caffeine to which I’m addicted. I firmly believe it is the BUBBLES. I want bubbles. I crave BUBBLES. Nothing like that first sip of diet Coke, going down your throat, all cold and bubbly.

*sigh.


This WILL make me a healthier person, right?!!

2 comments:

sarah. said...

I'm with you completely. I went without for 7 months. It's good that I'm drinking more water. Now I have 1 maybe 2 Coke0's a week. It's almost always at home, and only at snack time-not for meals. I miss the cold bubbles most.

Shanda Boatright said...

I am so proud of you girl! Pretty soon you will crave water, I know it's strange to hear those words "crave water", but it will happen. And guess what? It's okay to have a diet coke every once in awhile....I haven't given up Dr. P forever, it's just a little more special when I drink one and sometimes when I really want to be bad I drink two in a row. Lol!