Friday, October 10, 2008

Ode to Jim... part 2

I had my blog all thought out for today. It was a GOOD one, too… trust me on this. But when I walked in the door last night after Bunco, everything changed.

When I looked at the computer, I noticed that I had some new emails, so of course, I checked them. Nothing really that interesting… until…um… what does that say on the “FROM” line?!! Does that say… JIM SPENCER?!!

That’s right, my friends. I had an email from Jim Spencer, the KXAN weatherman, thanking me for the nice email that I had sent to him, and my equally nice blog entry. (if you have absolutely no idea what I am talking about here… Welcome to my blog! Go back and read the ‘Ode to Jim’.) How did he know about the blog, you may ask? Um, well, duh! I sent him the link in an email I sent to him, telling him what a big fan I was, and telling him that I was upset that I couldn’t watch his weather reports anymore.

Now, I don’t typically send ‘fan mail’, or at least I never have before, but I figured if I felt strongly enough to blog about it, I should let the station know how I felt, as well.

Here’s the email, in its entirety… first, the one I sent to him….

From: The Linson Family
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 8:51 AM
To: Jim Spencer
Subject: A blog entry for Jim

Hi Jim- I just wanted to let you know that I've been a huge fan of yours since the early 90's when I was in college. I'm now a mother of 3, and I still rely on you to give me the weather each day! I even wrote about it on my blog, and how miffed I am about how the whole Time Warner Cable thing is going to prevent me from being able to tune into your weather reports. I'm probably just going to have to switch providers.

Have a great day!
Staci Linson

And now his response!!!

----- Original Message -----
From: JIM
Spencer
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 10:42 PM
Subject: FW: A blog entry for Jim

Hi Staci—
I just wanted to say thanks for the very nice e-mail (and blog entry!). You are too kind!

I too hope our parent company and Time Warner get this worked out soon, and I’m sure they will since LIN stations are off cable in 11 cities around the country right now.

Thanks again for the nice words, and for your patience!


Jim

OH MY GOD!!!! How cool is that?!! Totally freakin’ awesome, if you ask me. In light of this event, please stay tuned for my next blog entry, entitled:

“Ode to Matt Damon”. ;-)

4 comments:

Veronica said...

OMG! I hope he didn't read our comments. *blushing*

Staci said...

Whaaat?!! About his cute little bald head?! ;)

Anonymous said...

Well I think that is the "mother" of all comments to you blog!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah...how can we top that? I'm not even bald! LOL