Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ace of Cakes has nothing on me!!!

Okay, let me just give you a minute to absorb the awesomeness...

Good? Heck yeah, it's good! So good, in fact, that even though it's 10:30 on Sunday night, the day before Libby's party, and I JUST finished the Daisy Duck cake (and I'm still wearing my freakin' apron!), I had to post the picture. And oddly, in the picture, it looks a bit like a mylar balloon... but it's not! It's a cake. A delicious cake, coated in pure awesomeness. Or at least I hope it's delicious.

I can't wait for her to see it! I'm tempted to wake her up right now just so she can look at it. Even though 2 days ago she DID say, 'You know, Mommy, I think I'd like a Tinkerbell cake for my birthday!' After my head was finished imploding, I talked her out of it. I showed her the cups and plates and napkins and tablecloths I had bought, and the 'Pin the Tail on Daisy' game I had made, and we were TOTALLY back on the Daisy bandwagon. (thank God!) And even though Phil said she looked a little like Daisy's slutty, drugged out cousin (Ditzy Duck, I presume?), I still love her. (Dammit, Phil!) That's right, I said it. I am in love with this cake.

So, that's it... I just wanted to share with you all my first foray into the world of fondant. It's a tricky little medium, but I think my first attempt turned out just ducky! Haha...sorry...it's late and I'm tired... ;)

Sarah, whaddya think? Definitely not a CakeWreck!

4 comments:

Jackson Family said...

Happy Birthday, Libster! Hope you enjoyed your day and your Ditzy, I mean Daisy Duck cake!

Anonymous said...

Is there anything you can't do??? The cake looks awesome!!!!! Happy Birthday Libby!!

The Levine's

Veronica said...

Daisy does look a little glassy-eyed. You did a great job! Next year you can make me a cake that looks like George Clooney! Hubba, hubba!

Anonymous said...

Well Stac, it's no hand rolled, gluten free flour tortilla but...
Kidding! I think it looks awesome!


Blog Archive