Saturday, April 18, 2009

Numero Uno



It has been brought to my attention that my blog is distinctly lacking in stories. Well, not just stories, but stories that happen to include my oldest child. More than one person has said to me, "You don't blog about Josie very much!" Basically, 'what the hell? Don't you have THREE kids? We hear all about those two little ones, but where are the blogs that feature Josie?'

I know, I know! Truth be told, I have also noticed that I do less blogging about Josie. And not that I love her any less, of course. In fact, she's one terrific, amazing kid. She says funny stuff, and she is incredibly smart and gifted.

She's just at 'THAT AGE'. You know, 'THAT AGE' where they are easily embarassed by their parents. (more specifically the stories their parents tell about THEM!)

And she sometimes reads my blogs. And some of her friends and her friends' parents read my blogs. And I will say that she DOES find them funny when they are stories about the ridiculous things her brother and sister say and do. I'm just not sure she would find the same amusement in me telling stories about her. She's actually censored me on a few occasions... 'You're not putting this in your blog, are you?!'

I can picture the eye-rolling and the indignant voice now... "MOOOOOOM!!!" Remember, she *is* the child that told me that when I dance around in the kitchen, it 'kind of freaks me out, Mom!'

So, I will try to do a better job at posting all the 'Josie-funnies', with, of course, her permission. I guess I could always give her a pseudonym, or write about a 'friend's daughter named... um... Rosie.'

But I'm pretty sure she'd see right through that. ;)

1 comment:

sarah. said...

What a great picture of Josie! Cute top too :)