Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween makes me happy :)

I think we all know how much I love Halloween. Next to Christmas and my kids’ birthdays (notice I did not say *my* birthday), its just about my favorite holiday.

I love the candy (a little too much, I might add… but seriously, where else can I get just 3 Whoppers in one little mini pouch?!), I love the colors of the season (heck, I even got married in October!)… but mostly, I love the costumes.

Ah, the costumes.

And this Halloween was no exception. I have a couple of friends that mentioned to me on the day of the ‘Adults-Only!’ Halloween party that they still hadn’t decided what they were going to be.

Me: “WHAAAAAT?!!”

Them: “No big deal. I still have a few hours left until the party.”

Me: “You’re crazy, Cynthia*”… um…I mean, “You’re crazy, friend who shall remain nameless for the purposes of this blog.” ;)

(*sidenote: my nameless friend and her hubby rocked it out as H1N1, complete with pig snouts.)

The kids chose their own costumes this year, again. And I survived.

They were… Hannah Montana, a soldier, and a ‘cutie witch’ (Lib’s words).








So now that they are picking out their own costumes (one of them was even purchased, and not homemade! Egad!), it is just my poor husband that is subjected to my costume craziness, I guess. He’s a good sport, as we all know.

We have quite a storied Halloween history, together, but I have say that this year, I think we outdid ourselves…







I hope for your sake, you don’t have a bounty on your head, because Dog and Beth are comin’ for ya!

4 comments:

Shanda Boatright said...

I love it! You guys look great as Dog and Beth!

jen said...

I think that you made it through the kids picking their own customes this year because you could focus on YOUR costume :) Everyone looked very real elastic!!

Jen

Anonymous said...

You guys are awesome ... as usual! Good stuff! -- Kelli

Katey said...

love the miley costume!! fun because its only for while she's popular...very fad! love it!

and you did out do yourself on the couple costume! how did you think of it??