Thursday, November 12, 2009

Snake Fake..

Look at this cute boy...



And what is he holding? Why, it's a little wooden snake that he painted at summer camp. He calls it 'Snakey'. Awwww...

After he made it this summer, it had a home on his desk for several months. It is jointed, so it looks like it could actually 'slither', given half a chance and a Pinnochio wish.

But lately, for whatever reason, he has decided to bequeath 'Snakey' to his Mommy.

"Here Mommy... I want you to have Snakey!"

"Mommy, I put Snakey in your room for you. You forgot him downstairs!" (Really? I did? I forgot him in the basket next to the couch, underneath all those magazines?! Wow! ;)

So even though he has officially given Snakey to me, he still likes to play with it, and occasionally rescues it from my room, and then...leaves it somewhere. Anywhere, really.

Now, I *know* that it is a toy snake. It is colored with Crayola markers, and looks like what I think a snake might look like if I'd ever done acid back in the early 70's. (You know, like if I hadn't been an infant back then, and all.)

However, it is STILL very disconcerting to be walking through my house, minding my own business (singing along with my iPod...ahem!), and finding Snakey here:









or here:




or worse yet...










So the next time you're at my house, and I offer you a glass of iced tea, pay no attention to the flinching.

4 comments:

jen said...

That boy is too funny. You should try to find something to bequeath to him :)

I bet the scrapbook page of this will be adorable!!!

Laurie said...

Danny used to have a small rat at about this same age that he would leave in various places, always catching me off guard. Never mind that it was RED, apparently the mind processes the thought of "Oh crap, it's a freakin' rat... (or snake in your case)" before it follows through with the "oh yeah, rats aren't neon red".

Bonnie said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Wendy said...

I think the snake would end up lost in the trash can if I kept finding it all over the house like that. Ewww!