Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Reasons I am worried...

Reasons I am currently worried about Davis


1. Today I heard him say the following phrase: “Libby, you’re the best little sister ever!” (And when I looked around the corner, she was not offering him her entire bucket of Halloween candy)

2. When I came home from the PTA meeting tonight, Phil told me that before going to bed, Libby had needed help taking off her necklace. He had gone upstairs to help her, but by the time he got there, Libby’s necklace was already off.

Phil: Did you take off your necklace by yourself?
Libby: No… Davis helped me.
(you mean that he yanked it off of you while you were kicking and screaming, right?! No? Hmmm…)

3. Davis read to her from his Donald Duck comic book this afternoon. Let me repeat that: He. Read. To. Her. (I know... I'm still slightly shaken.)

4. And then… I found this…



A picture that Davis had colored for her. And written her nickname on the top. ‘LibbyLoo’

And truly... the only thing that is keeping me from rushing him to the emergency room?

The fact that it is a picture of someone being attacked by a shark.

Truly. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He knows "Santa is watching..." and is hedging his bets. -Cynthia

Jen said...

It just took a while for him to really grow fond of Libby, that or he is trying to make up for calling you mom.

ACD said...

He is 7 and counting!! Told you so!! This is a nice "I told you so." Please take it that way!! Happy for you he is in the good 50% group.