Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Don't blame me...

Things I was doing last week that prevented me from blogging…


1. Curing the common cold. I know you missed me, and it was very difficult to not have my rapier wit to rely on each day, but I think you will thank me later.


2. Making people smile. Because that’s just what I do, dammit.


3. Getting blown off at the Music and Art Education Day at my kids’ school. My really cool ‘bottle cap art’ session? The class that was supposed to come and be completely wowed by my creativity and that ‘wit’ to which I was referring? Well, they were a no-show. Some sort of scheduling mix-up. All those Bud Light Limes I had to drink to get enough bottle caps… it was hard work. But I took one for the team, and then those little 5th grade ingrates couldn’t even show up?!!
Aw, well. I’m already on the schedule to be blown off again next year. What can I say? I’m a sucker. ;)


4. Laundry. Boring, I know, but a fact of life. Even those of us that live on Planet Linson have to do laundry...


5. And the number one reason I couldn’t blog? Two words:






Swim.

Team.


Oh yes, we’ve sold our summah souls, sistahs. We are Marlins!! Huzzah! ! We are proud of our green hair!! We have decided to rent a pop-up camper to live in for the summer and park it in the pool parking lot!! After all, we’ll be there, anyway!!

(I know that’s a lot of exclamation points, but that level of excitement seems to be *expected* on swim team. We have CHEERS, people. And matching t-shirts.)

Three kids on the team… three different practice times… three and a half hours a day at the pool… three Diet Cokes a day for me (yes, I’m off the wagon. Shut it.)… wet towels… wet suits… damn swim caps (who came up with these instruments of torture?!!)… the air cloudy with residual sunscreen spray…





And I admit it… I’m excited about the whole damn thing. :)

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I guess we'll be seeing you guys after swim team ends then. I feel exhausted just reading about it, whew.

Becky said...

Your blog makes me laugh! I work with Kerri G and she sent me the link. I will see you at the meets we are the Ratan Creek Hurricanes and yes it is going to be a long, long summer at the pool and only one of my two boys is on the team but I feel your pain!!

Jen said...

You need a laptop so that you can blog from the pool. Tell Phil that your followers need you to blog more :)