Thursday, May 20, 2010

Freakin' me out...

Last night, I went to put the kids’ packed lunches in the garage refrigerator. Usually, I have to scoot things out of the way to fit all 3 lunchboxes in amongst the soda, beer, yogurt, and an assortment of other things that probably need to be thrown out, but when it comes right down to it… who has the time to clean out one fridge, much less two?

Last night, I noticed that there was considerably less beer. As in… none.

“Wow,” I thought to myself, (because I like to do that), “did Phil go on a bender last night after we went to bed?”

Turns out… we’re not sure where the beer disappeared to. So, I’m freaked. For two reasons:

Reason #1: Someone… teenagers? Mass murderers? Errant gardeners? Thirsty trash men? (I’m leaning toward gardeners. That is some hot, sweaty work.) … came into the garage during the day, when the garage door was open, and helped themselves to the beer. Scary.

Reason #2: I am now forced to watch “Mongolian Death Worms” on the SyFy network without the benefit of at least one alcoholic beverage on board. Even scarier.

Needless to say, I will be much more diligent in making sure the garage door is closed at all times. That’s the end of the ‘beer runs’, you little thieves.

But one thing that *did* brighten the day, just a bit… I noticed that the yogurt was moved around, too, and it looked like a few cartons may have been missing. I can only hope they ate most of the cartons that they took before realizing that the expiration date was approximately October of ’09.




Enjoy the start of the spoiled yogurt 'runs’, you little thieves. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey lady...

Thanks for the beer. My buddy spent most of the evening bitching about something he ate. We were laughing so hard at him because we were drunk on your beer.

Let us know if you need another job done.

Maybe we'll cut our rates!! :)

Jen said...

We had steaks and enzymes stolen from our garage!! I don't think the theives realized that the enzymes would only help them digest their food better not get high!!

Tara said...

Hmm... this is the second case of beer thievery from a garage fridge that I've heard of in the last week. The first was up here in Missouri, so maybe these beer thieves are on the run...