Monday, January 24, 2011

Because I think you, too, deserve to be freaked out on this beautiful Monday morning.

I would never say that I don't like being home by myself. Ever.

It's just that sometimes, after a busy weekend where my house has felt like Grand Central Station... well, Monday rolls around and the house is just... quiet.

Sometimes a little too quiet. Quiet enough that I can find myself listening for odd noises, steering clear of the closet under our stairway, and occasionally getting freaked the hell out.






Delivering laundry to Libby's room this morning, I opened her door and found...

















These dolls. Looking. Right. At. Me.





With their heads turned and everything. Like they'd been anticipating my arrival. FREAKY!! I'm not too proud to admit that I jumped a little. And maybe I swallowed my gum.



I decided I must get photographic evidence, so you could tell me that I'm not a complete headcase. What was my kid thinking? Did she turn their heads like that so they could watch her sleep??! Disturbing.

So I ran downstairs to get the camera (making sure I left her bedroom door OPEN!), and on my way back upstairs, all I could think was...





"If their heads are turned forward when I walk back in... we're SO going to have to put this damn house on the market."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That us hilarious and I love libbys rite behind the freakish dolls! Love it, Heidi

Anonymous said...

I can totally see Abie doing that.

Jen said...

Creepy!! I think they are spies!!

I would comment more if my Ipad or Itouch would let me. The only place I can comment is my old slow computer. I do read it everytime :)

Bonnie said...

and they said in unison, "Hi Miss Staci, how can we be of service today?" wouldn't that have been great? Get those AG dolls cleanin' for ya!

Kris Van Allen said...

woulda been even freakier if you'd actually SEEN their heads turn toward the door. slowly. simultaneously.

and they had a friend named Chuckie.