Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Just when you thought it was safe to go back...

Having barely caught my breath after yesterday's brush with demon dolls, you will understand why I was reticent to return to my children's bedrooms to gather up dirty laundry. (Welcome to the glamorous life of a housewife, BTW)

I asked Libby yesterday why she'd turned the dolls heads, and she glanced at me, laughed evilly, and said, "But Mommy... I haven't touched them all weekend." Okay, not really. But wouldn't that make for a good re-make of 'Chucky'?? (Shudder)

In fact, the girls go on kicks where they love to play together with their dolls, and will have everything all set up, and will play for days on end. Having been a real 'doll-girl' when I was growing up, it warms my heart to see the two of them play with and dress their dolls. And I admit, sometimes they tell their dolls that they need to play nicely with their sister dolls, and to stop yelling at their sister dolls.

And sometimes they even have to put their dolls on the 'Naughty Spot'. But I'm okay with that. ;)

But I still wasn't prepared to be greeted as such, when I went into Josie's room...













Once again, I *did* jump. And for lack of gum, I actually said, "Oh, %#*@!" Now this was one of my dolls from childhood, and if you can't tell in the picture, he's HUGE. He's about the size of a 4 or 5 month old baby, and he was just standing in his little crib... waiting to be picked up, I guess.

Or just checking out all of the Justin Beiber posters on the walls of her room. (Alas, my ten year old is in that typical 'tween' phase... half the time she is a little girl, playing dolls with her sister. The other half, she is a surly teen. *sigh)

Thank heavens that Davis's room only has Lego creations to deal with. Well... Lego creations and utter filth and destruction.

Oh, and in his closet...


















EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!


Okay, okay....breeeeathe.........breeeeeathe......

I know what you're thinking: "Relax, Staci! It's just Santa Claus! A sweet little leftover from Christmas that hasn't been put away yet! It's Santa!! What could be scary about Santa?? Santa is a jolly old elf. It's just Santa... shh...shhh..."



Okay, it's not the fact that there is a Santa in his closet. It was a 'festive gift' for his room. Some kids have trees. Davis got a two foot tall Santa.

Santa does NOT bother me. Its his inexplicable garb that I find disturbing...




"Santa? Is that you? Are you playing football now? What's with the baseball cap? And the hiking boots? What are you carrying in that basketball bag??!

Um... and you might want to re-think the sweater and the cuffed blue jeans."

Schizophrenic Santa.





I think I'm going to put Phil in charge of the laundry from now on.

3 comments:

April Interiors said...

Laughing, laughing, laughing! I think you need to let your son play with real friends!;)

jen said...

The doll isn't as scary as Santa. Where in the heavens did you get that????

Keese Klan said...

ha ha ha,... OH MY! I can just HEAR you telling this story! That is SO funny!!