Thursday, January 13, 2011

Three for Thursday. Otherwise known as ‘Cranky much?’

1. Posted this on my Facebook status, but it bears repeating, due to its timeliness. And, of course, it’s an honorable mention in my weekly ‘Wow, I did NOT know that’ awards.

I got an email from the H.E.B. Rediclinic which stated, in part: Recent reports have indicated that pollen levels are at an all time high. Experts predict an "unpleasant few weeks ahead" for those whom suffer from cedar allergies.

Ummmm… no sh*t, Sherlock. Welcome to my life.



2. We came off of the holiday season, and jumped headfirst into January with projects, projects, projects! If you didn’t have the chance to see my… er… I mean Josie’s Spanish mission project, well let me just say… it was a thing of true beauty, complete with a presidio, a well, and teeny tiny plastic soldiers dressed as missionaries. We made an A+.

Now onward and upward… Pinewood Derby, the Spelling Bee, and twirling competitions, just to name a few. Damn… I’m ready for spring break, please.

3. Lost 5 pounds this week on WW. (So... yay, me!) Which is all great and everything, except that the annoyingly perky leader in the meeting announces it and makes you stand up in front of everyone and tell the ‘secret of your success for the week’.

And then everyone claps. Now, I don’t mind people giving me kudos for a job well done… but I don’t need the courtesy clap just because I managed to keep my butt out of the Chick-fil-a drive-thru for an entire week. Plus… it is incredibly tempting to say something along the lines of… “Well, Jenny, THIS week I decided to forgo food altogether, and see how it would work getting all my nourishment from Diet Coke, cigarettes, and Grey Goose.”

But I’m pretty sure that might get me banned from the meetings.






(*it has since been pointed out to me that the crankiness might be attributed less to the cedar fever, and more to the cutting out of the sugar. Am willing to concede that possibility.)

No comments: