Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy 2011... Is that 'twenty-eleven' or 'two thousand eleven'?

Whew... I'm back. A brand new year, all clean and straight out of its hermetic seal. Still lily-white and pristine, and abundant with promises of good things, fun times, and fresh starts.

Gag. I could give Hallmark a run for their money.

I was READY for 2011. And not just because the last week of 2010 had me looking like the beginning of a Nyquil commercial, what with all that sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head and fever. (Oh, and by the way, I find it interesting that when you go to search the tagline for Nyquil on your Google Search engine and you type in "Nyquil Ad", the number one links are all for "Nyquil Addiction". Just sayin'.)

Anyway, a new year means new resolutions. And resolutions, I made!

Resolution #1: Make some resolutions. (It took me awhile to get going. what can I say?)

Resolution #2: Spend NO MORE than 15 minutes daily on Facebook or other frivolous websites. And when I say 'frivolous', I don't mean this one. This one is well worth the time spent going back and re-reading my posts. In fact, I think that should be one of YOUR resolutions.
I'm talking about 'Lamebook', 'Awkward Family Photos', 'Regretsy' and 'Garfield Minus Garfield'. (you KNOW you're going to go check some of those out, aren't you? Just considered yourself warned ;) Anyway... I have no self-control, and I find myself reading "just one more page...", and I get stuck in the quagmire that is colloquially known as 'The Net'. (Coincidence? I think not.)

Resolution #3: Channel my inner Jennifer Hudson. And if you've heard me sing, you know I'm not planning on auditioning for American Idol. I'm talking 'bout Weight Watchers, friends. Been there, done that, had it work well after pregnancy #1. And pregnancy #2. So now it's time to get it in gear and lose the leftover pounds from pregnancy #3. (And if you happen to feel like mentioning that the result of pregnancy #3 is now 6 years old... well, just don't. Because so help me, I will smack you.)

I won't bore you with the rest (yes! There are more!) I have them all written down, and I hope to make this a year of 'tweaks' (No, not talking about a Nyquil addiction anymore). I just mean... basically I'm a happy, contented person. For the most part, I feel unbelievably blessed and I really love my life (I know... gag), but there are, of course, areas that need 'tweaking'. No major overhaul, just some freshening up. Little changes in a couple of different arenas. Some reminders to myself that I'm worth taking care of, and that there are so many things that I want to do in this year of the big "4-0" that involve spending more time with my husband, enjoying my kids even more, and not stressing about the scratched, dinged up kitchen table or the patches of dead grass in the backyard.


What about you? Tell me one of your resolutions...

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks for introducing to me to Regretsy. Now I have something else to entertain me while nursing. You need to add http://damnyouautocorrect.com/
to your list.

Jackson Family said...

Wendy,
I'm not sure who you are, but damnyouautocorrect.com has left me ROTFL!! I have tears in my eyes I've been laughing so hard!!!!!! The kids want to know what is wrong...why are you crying!!
I cannot wait to pass this on to my husband!!