Thursday, June 24, 2010

Interesting(?) things about me...

Okay, maybe they’re not *interesting* in the strictest sense of the word…but you guys know me, I like to ‘over-share’.

1. I can wear my contacts interchangeably. I know!! Sooo interesting! My prescription is the same (or close enough, I guess) that my doctor told me it was no big deal if I got them mixed up, and put them in the wrong eyes.
Which I have to think is just one more example of God’s infinite wisdom. Because He *knew* those kids would be forever charging into my bathroom while I’m trying to get ready for the day, and that mixing them up (the contacts… not the kids) was bound to happen.

Now if I could just remember to not lean in toward the mirror to check out my eyebrows while I have my toothbrush in my mouth (nothing like bristles applied directly to tonsils), I’d be all set.


2. I’ve discovered that if you step on a paintball in your bare feet, it will pop like a sunnuvab*tch. Don’t ask me how I know that. Or how I know that said paint will require a hefty dose of Spray & Wash to salvage your favorite khaki shorts.


Or how I know exactly what a certain little friend will be getting for *his* next birthday. ;)


3. My kryptonite? Ugly feet and untrimmed toenails. Renders me speechless, and triggers my gag reflex.


4. When SOMEONE (no names mentioned) changes the channel during the commercial of a show that I am watching, I can feel my blood pressure start to creep up. And then when that SOMEONE says, “I’m just checking the score… I’ll turn it right back!”...

Well, let’s just say, “Hello, SOMEONE?? That’s not helping.”

5. I like to diagnose my aches and pains on WebMD. However, I don’t recommend it for anyone else. It can make you pretty neurotic. And I *might* be inclined to think that it is having that effect on ME...except for the fact that I never would have KNOWN that I was afflicted with Peruvian Jungle Flu (twice!) without the Internet.




Okay… your turn. Tell me one random thing about you, so I know I'm in good company.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an issue with finishing things to completion. This affects all areas of life; last bite of a sandwich, journaling on a scrabook page, last chapters of books, putting laundry away, the list goes on and on.

I can put on any pair of eye glasses and my eyes will adjust so I can see clearly.

Jen

Bonnie said...

I cannot browse thru a magazine front to back like you are supposed to. I do it backwards, flipping from the back of it to the front.

Rusty said...

I always start out on my left side at night, then rotate to my right, then back to my left before I allow myself to sleep on my back at all. :-)