Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Oh, those summer nights...

Last night was ‘Swim Team Night’ at the Dell Diamond. We wore our Marlins t-shirts proudly. And big surprise… I took a picture.






It was one of those ‘theme’ nights that are undoubtedly devised to get the proverbial ‘butts in the seats’, with the promise of cheap tickets, dollar hot dogs, and the chance to get beaned in the noggin by a homerun hit.

The kids had a great time, being part of the parade of swimmers, led by the mascot, Spike, and getting to hang out with their friends.



Oh, and did I mention that there was actually a baseball game at this baseball game?!!

The girls were far too busy hanging out with their friends to pay attention to anything other than… “Oh, look at that cute little bird that’s sitting on the field! I hope those balls don’t hit it!” (I couldn’t make that up. Seriously.)

Davis, on the other hand, was glued to the action… mitt in hand, ready to catch one of those homeruns. My little crackhead that can’t sit still for two minutes can sit through 9 solid innings of a baseball game. (there *are* nine, aren’t there?! Admittedly, I’m far more like my girls in that respect. ;)



Oh, and speaking of photo ops… (um, yes we *were*.)

The Dell Diamond is just chock-full of cute places for a picture. And my kids are usually pretty good sports about these pictures. Usually. They’ve actually learned that the quicker they get to their assigned spots, smile on command, and refrain from giving each other ‘bunny ears’, the quicker we can move on.

In this picture, they just jumped in with the cardboard cutout, and struck a pose. No prompting from me, other than, ‘Go stand over there, and I’ll get your picture!’



Well, ACTUALLY… no prompting other than telling my five year old to take her hand off the pitcher’s ‘junk’ about 10 seconds before I snapped this photo.

Me: "Honey, move your hand down! You’re not supposed to touch the cardboard cut-out!" (especially in such an…er…inappropriate fashion.)

Libby (one hand on hip and the other hand fully on cardboard crotch): "I’m just leaning on it!"

Me: "Well, don’t, okay? Because…um…you’ll knock it over. And that would just be… uncomfortable."



Try explaining that one to stadium security. ;)

No comments: