Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Talk about 'luck'...

It was bound to happen at some point. Especially considering that a certain 5 year old has discovered a new love for the rhyming word.

We rhyme everything these days. Everything, sneverything, beverything, heverything. Okay, I admit, many times the words are nonsensical and made-up. But they rhyme, dammit! Slammit… hammit… clammit…

And sometimes those rhyming words? Well, they’re all *too* real, friends. And they’re all too real, in my van, driving to dance class today.

Libby: My eyes must be tired.

Me: Why?

Libby: They’re doing that ‘jumpy’ thing.

Me: Oh yeah? Are they twitchy-witchy?

You know what’s coming, doncha’?











Libby: Yep… they’re itchy-bitchy.







So… four things to keep in mind here…


1. I’m glad we’d already left the library by that point because this statement was said in an ‘oh so proud that I can rhyme words’ voice. And that particular voice just happens to be pretty LOUD.

2. It’s a good thing that I was driving the van, and the kids were in the back and couldn’t see my face and how hard I was laughing.

3. If the two older children had had bubble gum in their mouth at the time, I would have had to stop the van to perform the Heimlich, they sucked in their breath so quickly.





4. Remember not to ask Libby about a ‘truck’ or a ‘duck’ until she outgrows this phase. ;)

4 comments:

Shanda Boatright said...

Too funny! Brynn is doing the same thing right now (but we have been lucky), it must be their age.

I'll e-mail you soon to see when you want to get together and scrap.

Shanda

Kris Van Allen said...

I hate to sweat. I rhyme it out still: "When I sweat, I get itchy, and that rhymes with bitchy, and that starts with B which rhymes with T and that stands for TROUBLE."

Jen said...

We already have Ben practicing the phrase "Libby what rhymes with .......!!

Anonymous said...

Hours o' fun for family and friends!