Friday, July 9, 2010

Is it JULY?!!

I have discovered that blogging, much like exercising, is not so easy just to pick back up once you've taken a little break.

But I am determined that while the exercise regime may have been abandoned (well, at least for the summer), I will NOT abandon you... my faithful blog readers... my friends who wait anxiously for some scrap of my humor, some snippet of wisdom, some hilarious anecdote...

Aw, who the hell do I think I'm kidding?

I will NOT abandon the four of you who still check my blog on a bi-weekly basis. So there.


But, I mean... I've been busy. Really. And I have the pictures to prove it.

Somebody had a birthday. And those cakes were not just going to make themselves, people. There was some hardcore frosting involved (Hey Fetish Dude! See what happens when you Google "Hardcore Frosting"?! Weirdo.)



Oh, and he's EIGHT! See how I tied that in with the jersey number, and all? (Awesomeness!)



AND we had our dear friends, the Levines, here for a visit. And we went to...



The Alamo:




On a hot-@$$ boat ride down the Riverwalk (no joke, y'all... it was HOT!):


Oh, and Jen, do you mind if I put your kids' pictures on my blog?! I didn't figure you would, since they're practically famous, and all, anyway, with their magazine ads. Plus... they're damn cute.

We went to SeaWorld:


I know... isn't that a COOL picture I took with my uber-expensive (Not!) camera?

We got to pet a Beluga whale... (which, incidentally, is the most squishy-headed of the whale family)



Josie, in particular, was in heaven, as she fancies herself a future SeaWorld trainer. (Thanks again, Jesse, for organizing this! I had no idea that you 'know people that know people'. If I ever need to hire a hitman, it's good to know I've got someone I can call.;)



Oh, look at all the little felons! No, wait... We were ALLOWED to be behind the gate. Well, *that* time we were. The other times that I shouted, 'Hey get out of there! You're not supposed to be back there!'... well, I didn't actually get a picture of that.

So, it was a week full of: bowling, swimming, the spray park, sleepovers, movies, snacks, a July 4th festival, fireworks...both the real kind, and the fighting between Davis and Allie (maybe they'll outgrow it when they're NINE?!!)... card games, eating WAY too much good food, and spending time with some of our favorite people.

Our 'Colorado cousins'...




We miss them already.

1 comment:

sarah. said...

Love the basketball cake. I saw a basketball headboard on Craig's List the other day. You know, if you're looking for a giant basketball shaped headboard. We could totally just make one instead though...