Monday, May 11, 2009

BAM!

I love my husband. For Mother’s day, he bought me a gun.

I couldn’t have been more excited! I’d been looking at different ones on-line, scouring the web for the best deals, and whenever I would come across someone in daily life who had the one I’d been eyeing, I’d ask to try theirs out.

I’d feel the heft in my right hand, feel that urge to squeeze the trigger, and I’d just know that I had to have one of my own.

So when Phil surprised me with it for Mother’s Day, I couldn’t wait to get it out of the box and try it out (after, of course, reading the instruction manual and figuring out how to load the thing!)

Unfortunately I’ll have to wait a week or so… the tape didn’t come with it, and we had to order that separately. So, I’m waiting, waiting, for my tape rolls to come in…

Um… huh? Yes, tape. TAPE! It’s a tape gun, people. Geez, what did you think I was talking about? ;)

And it’s beyond awesome. Flowers are sooo yesterday… what shows your wife that you truly love and adore her? A tape gun. But not just ANY tape gun…an industrial size adhesive applicator typically used in frame shops, but we scrapbookers are claiming them as our own.

Forget those wimpy little tape runners… glue dots, be damned!

I’m going to be using this bad boy, ‘Charlie’s Angels style’.

4 comments:

jen said...

Wow!! I can't wait to see that in action in June!!

Kris with a K said...

Hey, I got a double tape dispenser for Valentine's Day...the desktop kind, and have a roll of regular scotch tape AND a roll of double stick tape on it....LOVE it!

It's fun being so easy to please.

sarah. said...

You have one like mine now! I love love mine.

Kris with a K said...

Kris with a K's DH says

Thanks for buying 3M.