Monday, May 18, 2009

Shorties, but goodies...

Here are just a few funny things the kids have said over the last week or so. Very often they say things that just totally crack me up, but they aren’t enough to write an entire blog about them, so here are a few ‘shorts’…

*********************

Overheard while shopping with the girls last week…

Josie: Libby, you should listen to me.

Libby: Why?

Josie: Because I’m older than you. I have more experience, and I have a lot of wisdom you need to hear.

*********************

Libby, upon getting an ice cream sundae at McDonald’s…

“This is the best day of my life! I’m gonna eat this baby up…”

*********************

Last week, Phil was on his cell phone with a business associate, doing the ‘uh-huh’ thing, nodding his head...and when he finally gets off the phone, he says, “Sorry, she reeeally likes to talk.”

Davis: Kind of like Mommy?

Geez…

*********************

Joking around with Davis while he is trying on his suit for swim team…

Me: Dude, you are sooo skinny… you need to eat more!

Davis: I won’t always be skinny. Someday I’ll be like you.

Me: I’m not skinny?

Davis: Nope. But you’re not fat. You’re kinda medium.

Me: Medium?

Davis: Yeah… medium fat.

Niiiiice. That kid is really good for my ego. ;)

2 comments:

jen said...

It is funny how your kids comments ( mostly Davis) seem to be a dig at you!! I think Josie is wise and Libby should listen to her!!

2 weeks from this Thursday!!

Jen

Tara said...

"Josie: Because I’m older than you. I have more experience, and I have a lot of wisdom you need to hear."


Hmmm... That sounds an awful lot like "because I'm older and wiser in the ways of the world." I seem to remember hearing that one alot from Josie's older and wiser mom!