Thursday, August 6, 2009

And now... for tonight's 'Top Ten List':

The top ten reasons why I blog…

10. Because the voices in my head tell me to.

9. Because it’s significantly cheaper than therapy.

8. Because I hope to be a constant source of embarrassment to my children as they get older. (I think I’ve gotten an admirable start…)

7. Because I don’t have a job. (good thing? bad thing? Depends on the day, I guess)

6. Because I can vent about completely random crap, and know that someone, somewhere ‘gets’ me.

5. Because I can’t figure out that damn Twitter business.

4. Because my husband has been listening to me for the last 19 years, and is tired of hearing my stories. (Shocking, I know! Both that we’ve been together for almost 2 decades AND that he could possibly be weary of the softly lilting sound of my voice ;)

3. Because it helps me avoid cleaning the bathrooms. (Toilet brush or keyboard? Hmmm, that’s a tough one…)

2. Because when I’m old & senile, I can only hope that Phil will read my old blogs to me in the nursing home, just like in ‘The Notebook’. (*sob)

1. Because I’m much better looking (and skinnier!) on ‘Planet Linson’ (there’s that whole gravitational thing.)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Are you not teaching classes at Archivers anymore??? My family loves taking classes with you as our teacher!

jen said...

I am glad you write a blog, it is on my Top 10 things I look forward to everyday!!

Jen

Uncle Dave said...

You should add some sound bytes to your blog page. Then we all could hear your "softly lilting voice".