Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A hearty hello!

This afternoon was a little weird for me.

First off, I was walking on a treadmill. Nothing all *that* unusual about that. (No, really… okay, maybe mildly odd. Especially the part about how I was still wearing my jewelry and was completely sweating off my makeup.)

The unusual part was that while I was walking (on a serious incline, I might add), there was a dude standing next to me who was touching my left boob, and muttering, ‘Beautiful. Everything seems perfect.’

Granted, I was on the treadmill for a stress test.

AND the dude just happened to be a cardiologist.

Okay, okay... AND it was a stethoscope touching my boob, while said cardiology 'dude' was monitoring my heartrate.

Which brings me to why I’ve not blogged in about a week. Without boring you too much, just know that I have not been ‘myself’. I’ve been worried and cranky and basically just not feeling up to writing anything besides letters to my kids’ teachers for next year thanking them in advance for their patience and dedication (and how they should NOT believe my children when they say they did nothing this summer except watch TV and eat popsicles. It’s not true, I tell you!)

Without boring you too much, I’ll suffice it to say that I was having chest discomfort off and on for the last week, and my anxiety about it has been through the roof.

So please forgive me for not calling. Please forgive me for not following through on those tentative plans we’d made. Please forgive me for missing your emails and for basically being a headcase and for possibly totally unloading on you my woes and my worries and my anxiety when we met at the pool for that playdate. ;)

Without boring you too much, I’ll suffice it to say that the doctor told me I was fine, my heart sounds like that of a youngster (skipping a beat when shown a picture of the Jonas Brothers, I guess), and that despite a family history of heart disease, an EKG says that I’m extraordinarily healthy.

And evidently, that my left boob is totally awesome. ;)

3 comments:

Kris with a K said...

i'm glad to hear you had it all checked out! guess we are all getting to that age where we go into see a doc, explain what's going on, and the doc replies, "yup," with a nod of the head. no explanation. it is what it is.

and fwiw, your right boob is probably even awesomer.

Bonnie said...

can't wait til school starts so we can unload on each other during a yummy lunch out! Glad to hear you are ok, I know that is a huge relief.

jen said...

So glad that everything was okay. Especially your boob :)

Jen