Saturday, September 19, 2009

Don't mind this little walk down memory lane...

25 years ago...

1. It was 1984.

2. I had just started junior high...which incidentally, in my hometown, the junior high and high school were in the same building. Yes, you read that correctly... it was 7th-12th grade all together. I remember being incredibly freaked out on the first day.

3. I wore plastic 'Gellies' for the first day of school, along with white capris, a white braided rope belt... and I *think* a lavender shirt. Don't ask me why I remember that.

4. I had Gym first period. I *know* why I remember that. It sucked, and I hated it.

5. I had to ride the bus to school every day, and it was before we moved 'into town', so the ride was looooong. On a bus. A school bus. Go ahead, take a minute to feel sorry for my shabby upbringing. ;)

6. I was in the band. Oh yes... BAND GEEK! I played the flute. Incidentally, the band was all together, too. 7th through 12th... It was a small school, people. What can I say?!

7. I had a different crush on a different boy every week, practically. I must say, there *were* a few perks to being thrown in with all those high-schoolers. (Here is where I'd be waggling my eyebrows, if I could, in fact, actually do that.)

8. In order to eat a cafeteria lunch (because, really, isn't that just a huge highlight of the public school system?!), we had to walk from the high school to the elementary school to use the cafeteria. One cafeteria. For the entire district to share.

9. I sported a layered hairstyle... shorter in front, with bangs, and a little longer in the back. Stop calling it a 'mullet'. It was the eighties, and we all had crappy hair.

10. I watched 'Webster' on t.v. and listened to 'Thriller' by Michael Jackson. (No, not at the same time. Geez...)

Stay tuned for tomorrow's list... 20 years ago... ;)

3 comments:

jen said...

Very Cool. Can't wait to hear about your life from 20 years ago.

Jen

Rob said...

I was in driver's ed.

Tara said...

Hmm. I can't believe we're that old. I don't remember what I wore, but I do remember the crappy hair cuts, and the overwhelming-ness of being in the high school. And first hour gym. No shower allowed. Yep, we smelled goooood! :)