Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I'm sorry... I didn't catch that the first time?

"It's those damn allergies. They get him every time."

Yes, this is *technically* true. Even though I'm not sure if Davis missed school on Monday because he had a respiratory virus (he never had a fever, though), or if it was just seasonal allergies.

Nevertheless, he *did* miss school on Monday. He did have to do a couple of nebulizer treatments. He did have a nasty cough. He was tired and lethargic (at least until about 1:30 in the afternoon when he started driving me crazy. Nothing like an albuterol inhaler to make a kid all 'twitchy'.)

So, yes, it probably was just those 'damn allergies'.

However, while it may be true, it's not exactly what I expected my neighbor to tell me that my 9 year old reported to everyone in the carpool about why her brother missed school.

Oops.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Damn Allergies - isn't that a medical term? sure!
do you just have regular allergies today or the DAMN allergies? Poor Davis...

jen said...

Well she was just speaking the truth and you have always wanted her to be truthful :)

Too funny. Hope your boy is better.

Jen

sarah. said...

Josie rocks :)

Laurie K said...

The other day, I was telling Colin (after saying dang-it one too many times) that it would really sound nicer if he would just say "oh man" or "rats". The following conversation ensued --

He: You know, Shadow says dammit
(Shadow is from a video game)
Me: Who?
He: Shadow. He says dammit
Me: Oh. Well, that's not a nice word
He: What, dammit?
Me: Yes. That's a bad word
He: Oh. (pause)
He: So, I shouldn't say dammit?
Me: Um, no. You would get in trouble for that at school
He: Ohhh. Okay, I'll try not to say dammit at school.

Yeah, I'd appreciate it.