Friday, September 18, 2009

It's a crime...

Last night I re-enacted a murder. I didn’t mean to.

But before I knew it, my frantic, stabbing motions resulted in both the couch and the carpet being spattered in dark red splotches.

Easy now, people… don’t go getting all ‘Judge Judy’ or ‘this chick is frickin crazy!’ on me. Technically, there was no blood shed.

And it was just excitement on my part. But tell me *you* don’t get excited when you solve the crime before the conclusion of your favorite crime show.

However, in my wildly gesticulating demonstration of how the crime was committed, I seemed to have forgotten that I was resting a full glass of red wine on my knee. Either it was pretty precariously balanced, or the fact that I was sitting cross-legged on the couch had something to do with it.

Well, anyway, the darn wine glass tipped and poured all over the couch, and splattered over the crime scene… oops… I mean ‘the carpet’.

I *tried* to catch it. I moved in slo-mo to get that stupid glass, but I guess I was a little too slo-mo. Phil was just shaking his head at me. (I think he was just irritated that I figured it out, and felt the need to clue him in, hence, ruining the last half hour of the show. Sorry!)

Fortunately, Woolite Carpet Cleaner did the trick. I would have made a crime scene tech proud.

I admit… it was a poorly executed murder… which explains why the suspect was caught and convicted.

And it also explains why in the future, when I watch ‘The First 48’, I should probably drink my wine from a plastic sippy cup.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Staci, Staci, Staci,

Glad that you got the wine out but really no surprise that you solved a mystery and HAD to share it.

I mean you are the smartest person the Levines know :)

Glad you are back writing more often.

Jen