Saturday, September 12, 2009

The rain in Spain falls mostly on the plains...

I had almost forgotten what rain looks like.

We are getting quite the reminder this weekend. My hometown is currently flooded. There are flash flood warnings over about a dozen counties. Everything has been cancelled, and all our weekend plans are jacked up. Right now it is pouring so hard that I think I just saw a sailboat floating down my street.

I guess we should be careful what we ask for.

After what seems like 2,000 straight days of temperatures over 100 degrees, this is a welcome relief. Just a little too much at once, I guess.

Because remember all those blazing days when it was so hot outside that we just wanted to stay indoors, in the dark, watching movies, reading books or playing with Lego’s until we all had heat-induced cabin fever?

Well, now that’s its cooled down some, it’s raining. Soooo, we’re staying inside… in the dark… watching movies… etc., etc.

I feel a little like Bill Murray in ‘Groundhog Day’.

2 comments:

Jen said...

It was raining all day here too. Hope it is nicer for you tomorrow.

Love the new blue background!!!

Jen
WE NEED TO CHAT SOON!!!!!

jen said...

hey fellow blog readers like Denise Carroll, Lara Karnik and Myself are wondering why you stopped puttting your weekly page spreads from Project 365 on the blog???

Jen