Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Does this officially make us cheesy?



Imagine my surprise when I went into the pantry, and I discovered not one… not two… but THREE boxes of Cheez-its.

What’s up with all the Cheez-its? Which by the way, are faaaaar superior to Cheese Nips. In my opinion, those Nips taste like ass.
(Hello, Mr. Pervert… didn’t really expect to stumble across this when you googled ‘Nips and Ass’, did you?)

So we *do* love Cheez-it’s, but um…hello? Three boxes?!

Evidently my grocery shopping hubby found them on special, and decided to stock up. Because you just never know when you’re going to have a craving for something cheesy, slightly salty, and chock full of crap that’s bad for you, but tastes oh-so-good.

And I’m hearing that your only reaction to all of that was… ‘Phil grocery shops?!’ Why yes. Yes, he does. So, I’m not complaining about the boxes… I was just surprised at the sheer volume of smallish, square, orange crackers that our pantry is now host to.

Since he is the one that does the bulk of the grocery shopping, I like to check out the receipt when he comes home from the store. Oh, and I might like to quiz him. He can tell me the price of just about anything.

Me: The guinea pig bedding?

Him: Um… it was $9.92

Me: Correct! What about the… the… you bought a can of sauerkraut?!

Him: Yes.

Me: A can? Why?

Him: We’re having brats on Thursday. I like sauerkraut with the brats.

Me: And the price, Mr. Bargain Shopper?

Him: I think it was 42 cents.

Me: You bought a can of sauerkraut for 42 cents?

Him: Yep.

Me: Then I hope they were running a good special on Pepto, too.



(p.s. No, your eyes are not deceiving you. That *is* a shelf label in my pantry. I just hate mixing my baking products with my tomato sauce products. It's a sickness, I know.)

5 comments:

jen said...

We usually have boxes of tricuts, wheat thins or cheese its in our pantry.

Good job to Phil knowing the exact prices of food.

Jen
chat with you soon :)

sarah. said...

I'm impressed that he knew what was on the menu for Thursday. No matter that I'm sure it is posted on a fancy chalkboard by your restaurant door ;)

and when are you going to share your menus again?! My family is barely surviving on mac n chee over here!

Shanda Boatright said...

ooh...I miss Cheez-It's. I can only imagine what a 'gluten-free' variety would taste like.

Stephanie said...

Ass Shanda. They would taste like ass and potato flour. Or perhaps rice flour so they crumble when you touch them. And they would cost $6. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ok, Doug bought 2 boxes of Cheez-its on sale. Then came home the next day with two more b/c he forgot he already got some. It's been some time and 3 boxes are still there. I think I should feed them to the geese at the park!!