Monday, April 12, 2010

Kids, just use a washcloth to dry off...

I have washed the same load of towels three times.

I’m not talking about washing them, drying them, using them, and re-washing them… I mean, I threw a load of wet towels in on Friday to wash them, after the kids had their swim practice. I forgot about them overnight, and opened the washer to discover them on Saturday afternoon. I re-ran the load, and promptly forgot about them until I opened the washer this morning.

The washer is running right now, and I am not leaving this house until those stupid towels actually make it to the dryer.

What is wrong with me, here? Usually I am so ‘on top’ of things with my laundry schedule. Usually, I’m all like… ‘Laundry, I’m not scared of you.’ Usually, I make laundry my b*tch. For realz.

People say to me all the time, “Wow, Staci, you just have it sooo together! I admire you. I think I want to be you. Oh, and your highlights look amazing."




Shut up.


I admit it, friends. Some days I’m more ‘together’… more productive…than others. Some days, I pack lunches, cook a healthy dinner, finish (and fold!) the laundry, volunteer with a smile on my face, write a killer blog, help with school projects, chauffeur to swim practice… and Cub Scouts… and twirling… and dance… and Happy Hour (Oh, wait, that’s for me.)

And some days? Well, some days, I spend a half hour, sitting on the playroom floor, trying to scrape squished Tootsie Roll out of the carpet, while I wash a load of laundry for the 4th time.

6 comments:

Kris Van Allen said...

So there is a "five second rule" (which is longer in my house; shorter if the dogs hear it fall), but what is the rule for leaving stuff in the washer and then putting it in the dryer? (you don't want to know how long I've gone!)

Unknown said...

yeah I have left them overnight in there before and put them in the dryer in the morning!

when you're feelin' odd, I always like to blame the weather! or, (since our weather is perfect right now) you can blame all the pollen in the air! makes everyone nutso!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The nose knows. And I have a very sensitive one. If it smells the least bit funky, it gets washed again. And any doubt? Re-wash. As I often do laundry at night, I don't think it's a big deal to transfer to dryer in the morn.

Anonymous said...

Who was drinking and commenting last night?