Thursday, April 8, 2010

Something strange is afoot here on Planet Linson

Okay, not really strange, but DEFINITELY annoying.

Go click on the 'View My Complete Profile' button down at the bottom of the page. Go ahead. I'll wait for you. Then come back.






And you saw a number, right? Under 'Profile Views'? Well, an 'approximate' number? I have been waiting for that stupid number to shift over to 4000 for weeks, now.

Weeks!

It used to count by 100's, and it would just randomly go up by 100 or 200, when I had an 'approximate' number of profile views, I guess? Now, this is NOT, I've figured out, how many times my blog has been read. (I figured this out in a very scientific way... you probably wouldn't understand, but it involved lots of clicking buttons and some 'strategery'.)

It is just the number of times my PROFILE has been viewed. And not everybody who reads always views the profile because, um... well, duh? Nothing really changes on my profile. I haven't even changed my picture since I dyed my hair red, and got those breast implants.

But I'm soooo close, and now?! Now that it is *this* close, the stupid thing is counting individual clicks?!

Whatevs. Not that it matters. It's not even a pride thing. It's just an OCD thing. But I WANT it to click over to 4000. I NEED it to click over to 4000. It's a bit like watching the odometer on your car, waiting... waiting... waiting... for it to hit 100,000 miles.

Don't ask me why I think it will make me feel better. But, honestly, there are only so many times in one day I can go online and click on my own picture and 'View my Complete Profile' before I start to feel like a total loser.



So do me a solid, would ya? ;)

4 comments:

sarah. said...

Check it ;)

Anonymous said...

4004 at my last look. You can rest easy now. Miss chatting with you. I am actually home Friday evening so call if you are home.

Jen

Staci said...

Sarah! You rock! How long did that take you?!! LOL

Jackson Family said...

Mission accomplished!