Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sharing a layout

Davis just had a birthday.

This means that not only did he turn one year older, but that he got a birthday party, a trip to Six Flags, a dinner out to Chuy's, gifts, a cake baked by mommy, and use of his 'Special Day' plate (another blog entirely!). He also had to suffer through getting his picture made.

Every birthday and half birthday, I take the birthday child to have their pictures made. I started this lunacy when I only had one child, and have continued it for some reason (OCD, much?!) So I take Davis in July and January... Josie in September and March... and Libby in December and June... add to that Christmas pictures and Easter pictures of all three of them together... PLUS the annual family picture. See, I told you it was crazy.

All that lead-up was just to show this scrapbook page that I made with one of Davis's birthday pictures. Not a lot of bells and whistles on this page, but the journaling just about made me cry. I love this page...

6 comments:

jen said...

So very sweet.

Ashley W said...

That made me tear up a little... i dont know what I will do when Jason is 7... Davis looks soo grown up in that photo

sarah. said...

He does look pretty grown up in that picture.

I'm thinking about dragging my 14 yr. old to a photo shoot. He'll just love that. I'm going to blame it on you though :)

Thanks for sharing your layout-

Anonymous said...

Very handsome boy, my friend.

FYI... the white line is called a transverse nasal crease. The hand motion that causes it is called an allergic salute. I swear I never saw Maia actually doing it, but she must have because she had a line too, until she finally got on allergy meds. Now, the line is gone.

Does Davis push his nose upwards with the palm of his hand a lot?

Staci said...

LOL... that is exactly what it is from. The allergies, and just being a boy and refusing to get a Kleenex!

Amy said...

GORGEOUS!