Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dinnertime Rhyme*

*Through the eyes of Libby (age 4)


"Eat barbecue chicken?
Shredded on a bun?
No way, no how, no thank you.
Can I please just be done?!

My chips are all gone.
The veggies, I ate.
But that sandwich is staring
At me from my plate.

You’ve got to be kidding!
Eat the WHOLE thing?
Hmm… I’ll try to distract them.
Hey, listen to me SING!

Doesn’t seem to be working,
So I’ll tear it to bits.
It will *look* like I ate some.
No resorting to fits.

Okay, never mind.
A fit’s JUST what I’ll do!
I will never, say NEVER,
Eat that barbecue!

A battle of wills,
And I’ll be the winner.
They’ve all left the table.
They’re through with their dinner.

I can’t count on my bro
Or my sis for alliance.
So I guess its now time…
For the ULTIMATE defiance.

Only one way to avoid
This plate still aheap…




I just *know* they won’t wake me.
I’m too cute when I sleep." :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Too cute!

Keese Klan said...

ha ha ha... good writing!