Thursday, October 29, 2009

Overheard...

Overheard at our dinner table tonight:


Libby: This chili looks like barf.

Me: Libby, it's not nice to say that.

Libby: Mommy, barf is just a fancy word for throw-up.

(Oh well, in *that* case...)

**************************************
(A little later, conversation has circled around to Halloween costumes for the 52nd night in a row:)

Davis: My Halloween costume is real elastic.

Me: What? Your costume isn’t elastic.

Davis: Nooo, I mean it looks like a real soldier uniform. It’s real elastic.

(And just like that, I have a new favorite phrase. LOL)

**************************************

Josie (talking to Davis): You can be a troublemaker. I think it's because you're the middle child. The middle child is usually a troublemaker. No offense, Daddy.

Phil: What?! *I* wasn't a middle child.

Josie: Oh yeah, I forget... no offense, Mommy.

(Gee. None taken, I guess...)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hilarious!!!!! It is amazing that in one night both your girls made fun of you in some way and yor boy gave you a compliment!!!

The levines love your kids

Keese Klan said...

ha ha ha!!! TOO funny!