Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My thoughts, exactly.

Last week when I was getting my hair *did*, I ran across a little snippet in a parenting magazine that I found very interesting. (Yes, I *did* try to use some of my time effectively and better myself as a person... that is, once I ran out of Jon & Kate gossip. OMG...could those people BE more of a trainwreck?!)

Anyway, the little article mentioned that siblings who squabble will grow up to be closer to one another. So the article's suggestion was to not 'step in' and to let the kids bicker. It will force them to work things out, develop their relationships, and that when they are adults, they'll have a better friendship, and will come to rely on each other for support.

And I have to say that *is* probably the case. If not for any other reason than that they have to depend on each other...



Because their mother has had to be committed to the insane asylum as a result of all the bickering!!!

2 comments:

Uncle Dave said...

Adam and Alexis should grow up to be very close indeed...

jen said...

In that case my brother and I should be BFF'S!!!