Monday, March 22, 2010

It's true... you *can* bling just about anything!

Okay, we’re not even going to go into how I stumbled upon this…

















Cause let’s just say… I did.

And I’m absolutely dazzled.

I first heard about this when the actress Jennifer Love Hewitt talked about it while promoting her new book. She mentioned to a talk show host that she… um… ‘vajazzles’.

She explains, "It's called 'vajazzling'. After a break-up, a friend of mine Swarovski-crystalled my precious lady and it shined (sic) like a disco ball... Women should 'vajazzle' their vajay-jays (v@gina)."

According to the New York Times… (okay it’s not really from the New York Times. It’s from some random website I found whilst I was googling ‘vajazzling’…. Googling… Vajazzling… Googling... Vajazzling... they are *both* such fun to say...)

Anywaaaaay... according to the NEW YORK TIMES... "It is a new trend in ladies' intimate fashion that involves rounding out a bikini wax with the decorative application of Swarovski crystals, Salon reports. The procedure, which is offered at Completely Bare spa in New York City for $115, including the cost of the bikini wax and your choice of crystal design, takes about 45 minutes. The decoration is applied to the freshly waxed skin using an adhesive on the back of the crystals—which are applied in a large pattern or, in the case of certain detailed designs, are also individually hand-placed—and the glitzy result is supposed to last about five days."


And then? When I found the picture? Well, then I called to Phil in the other room…

Me: Hey honey! Come here and look at this picture on the internet!

Him: Okay… just a second.

Waiting…




Waiting…




Waiting…



Me: It’s a picture of a chick that has crystals on her hoo-hah.

The only other time he’s moved that fast was the time I said, “Hey honey… is it just me or is Serena Williams not wearing any underwear in this picture?” That time, his feet actually made that cartoon screeching noise as he skidded around the corner to the computer.

I do have to say, though… 115 dollars?!! That’s some crazy coin for cootchie crystals.

It would be just my luck to save up the money to get ‘vajazzled’ for a special occasion. You know, like our anniversary... (or a Jersey Shore marathon on MTV)… and *I’d* be the lucky 1% that had an allergic reaction to the glue they use to put on the sparklies. That would just be EXTRA special.

Plus it would just be so difficult to choose a design. What would I get?! My initials? The Nike swoosh? The Chinese characters for ‘WTF was I thinking?!' Um, how about… ‘LOL’? Seems pretty appropriate, if you ask me.



But really, friends…you know me well enough to know that I am resourceful.



I am frugal.

*I* am a heck of a do-it-yourselfer.




And I think I may have just found the perfect use for all those gemstones I bought on sale at Hobby Lobby.

7 comments:

Jackson Family said...

So I am LMAO while reading this. As I was reading googling...vajazzling...
I could not help but think - Does googling lead to vajazzling or does vajazzling lead to googling because I am pretty sure that my man would 'google' if I 'vajazzled'!

Jen said...

That is by far the craziest thing I have ever seen. Women are just nuts.

Jen said...

Consider me bedazzled!!!!!

Jesse

Rob said...

Don't you have a hot glue gun already?

Laurie K said...

If you want to get adventurous, I've got one of those Rhinestone Stud Setters you could borrow. That way you could get that "personal piercing" that you know you've always wanted and really make it sparkle and shine.

On second thought, if that's what you used it for, you could just keep it. Really.

Unknown said...

ew, there is something very disturbing about seeing that girl's 'decorations' right next to your sweet daughter Libby's face on your blog page. just not right! miss you!

sarah. said...

"crazy coin for cootchie crystals"

Now that is some sweet alliteration.

and wow, how do you come across these things my friend?!

(I was noticing the cute Linson kids next to the vajazzled girl too, Bonnie!)