Monday, March 1, 2010

On the borderline

I have a kid that is 'borderline' today.

Borderline sick.

You know how it is… not running a fever, not throwing up, but still not 100%. He has a nasty cough, and we’ve been nebbing him for the last 24 hours.

Not sure if something is in the air, or if it’s just a respiratory thing.

So, here is the question… school or no school? Today I made the decision that it was a ‘no school’ day for him, and sent his sister off to his class to tell his teacher and collect his work for this afternoon, anticipating a day of him napping and lazing on the couch. You know, since he ‘doesn’t feel good…’.

Mmhmm.

So far this morning (and it is currently 9:15 a.m.), I have already told him on three different occasions, “Well, you clearly feel okay since you…

1. are chasing your little sister around the kitchen table
2. keep nagging to play the Wii
3. ate 3 cinnamon rolls for breakfast (seriously. I *told* you the kid could eat.)


Go get dressed. I’m taking you to school.”

Funny how just saying that can bring on a severe coughing fit, tears, and flailing on the couch.

“BUT I’M SIIIICK!”

I want to remind him that he’s not *really* sick. He’s just borderline.



Much like my sanity today. ;)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Nope. No fever, going to school! Guess you learned that lesson LOL!

jen said...

It is amazing how much better a kid feels once they know they don't have to go to school.