Saturday, September 6, 2008

How to build a better blog...

Okay, so in an effort to improve my blog, I've taken the liberty of checking out some of the 'Blogs of Note' featured here on Blogspot. It seems like there might be some kind of formula to all this blogging, and here I was, just flying off half-cocked.

First and foremost, a lot of people are blogging about celebrity news or gossip. Now, that's not really my area of expertise, but seeing as how that seems to be what draws in the readers, I *do* actually have a little tidbit of celebrity gossip that I picked up and am now ready to share with the world. Now, it seems that those cute little girls that played the baby, 'Michelle' on the sitcom "Full House", are grown up now and have all kinds of personal issues. Wow, who knew?! Aren't you glad you found this blog?!

Other blogs seem to focus on travels around the world. And they are 'oh so interesting' to read . I'm sorry, but I can barely focus on that 'national monument' when its right in front of me... pardon me if I can't drum up much interest in reading about how someone else visited there and bought enough postcards for their entire 2nd grade class. Considering most of my travels these days involve a trip to H.E.B. for ibuprofen and red wine, its possible that I'm just having a hard time relating.

Lastly, many of the blogs that get a lot of readers offer relationship advice. Aha! This is one I can do! Here's my relationship advice:

Never, EVER post a blog that implies that your husband was not a world-class diaper changer when the children were younger. Trust me... this blog might just save you a trip to H.E.B. for that box of red wine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out my blogroll. OK, so Perez Hilton is on there, but mostly otherwise it's relevant stuff.


Blog Archive